History may not repeat itself, but it sure does echo – often loudly. That’s the theme of Tom Engelhardt’s new article, “Tomorrow’s News Today: Writing History Before It Happens.” Tom comes up with nine headlines that we’ve seen before, and that (sadly) we’re likely to see again — and again. Here, shortened, are his nine “future” headlines:
- U.S. airstrike obliterates foreign wedding party.
- U.S. government surveillance is far more intrusive than previously reported.
- Patriotic whistleblower charged with espionage.
- Extremist groups exploit unrest caused by U.S. military strikes.
- Supposed U.S. ally snubs Presidential summit/meeting.
- Young American with Islamic sympathies caught planning terrorism in FBI sting operation.
- “Lone Wolf” homegrown terrorist kills innocents; says he was inspired by ISIS.
- Toddler kills mother in gun accident.
- President says U.S. is both exceptional and indispensable.
You can read all of Tom’s article here
View original post 306 more words